I tried everything!
I searched google for an answer and all I got was a load of links selling uninstall software and giving a generic solution.. which by the way usually included go to remove programs.. of course I had already tried this and manual removal techniques including deleting files associated with this program on my computer by using the special file name under google extensions. NONE OF THIS WORKED!
Here is how I finally removed it from chrome and my computer..
1. Knowing that this is part of the Diigo family I started by disabling and removing both Diigo and Awesome Screenshot Capture Annotate from google extensions.
2. Once removed I then DELETED chrome from my computer – restart your computer (do not restart chrome after deleting these extensions as they will simply reload again.
3. I then removed ALL TEMP FILES from my computer into the recycle bin. To do this I did the following:
- open start option
- go to run
- enter temp
- and then ok
- then delete all files listed there
this will also help make your pc work faster
4. To be sure I had removed everything, I also went to computer, c drive, users, (then for each user) appdata and find the folder called ‘temp’. I deleted anything inside this folder. If something will not delete, leave it (skip it) as it is being used by windows or another running software.
5.restart your computer – if all goes well, delete the recycle bin contents.
6. using another browser reinstall Chrome (make sure you are downloading chrome from the official google site!! (I went to ‘chrome.com’ and this redirected me to google.
7. once I reinstalled chrome, the only extensions that remained where ones I had not ‘removed’ and finally I got rid of Awesome screenshot capture annotate and diigo!
Warning: be careful when deleting temp files – it should be safe to do so but make sure you leave any that are currently in use by hitting the ‘skip’ when you get asked.